Read each sentence, enter your response in the space provided, and then press "Submit" to check your answer.
1. There (is, are) twenty students in the room.Enter Text:
2. Neither my brothers nor my father (has, have) attended college.Enter Text:
3. The tapes in the glove compartment (belong, belongs) to Jerry.Enter Text:
4. Each of my sons (wear, wears) a baseball cap.Enter Text:
5. The fans at the back of the theatre and that woman in front (was, were) making too much noise.Enter Text:
6. Maury and his brother (go, goes) to the bowling alley every day.Enter Text:
7. Everyone on the bus (was, were) annoyed by the little boy running up and down the aisle.Enter Text:
8. Either my hard drive or one of my programs (is, are) not working right.Enter Text:
9. He is one of those people who (work, works) too hard.Enter Text:
10. That man and his friends (meet, meets) for coffee in the snack room.Enter Text:
So how was it? Use your incorrect responses to guide you through another review.
© Scott Foll 2001. All rights reserved.